Home Page About Us FAQs Training Newsroom Downloads Contact Us Links Projects Vacancies Find Clubs Events
Log in
Frequently Asked Questions
North Wales Regional Office West Wales Regional Office South East Wales Regional Office

Go Back

Q: Where can I go to find extra financial help to set up our after school and holiday club?


Contact the Childcare Business Development Officer for Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs in your county.


If your setting is being run as a ‘not for profit’ venture you will also be able to contact your local voluntary council which can give advice on funding opportunities and grants. Being registered as a charity will enable you to apply to those organisations that will only accept applications from ‘registered charities’.


If your setting is being run as a privately owned ‘for profit’ business, then as well as Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids' Clubs you will need to contact ‘Business Wales’ to signpost you to additional business development support.


Alternately a local bank may be able to help you. In such cases it is far more likely that help will be in the form of a loan as opposed to a non-repayable grant. The Wales Co-operative Centre can offer advice on becoming a Childcare Co-operative or social enterprise, which can also open avenues for securing additional revenue.

Free Membership