Home Page About Us FAQs Training Newsroom Downloads Contact Us Links Projects Vacancies Find Clubs Events
Log in
Frequently Asked Questions
North Wales Regional Office West Wales Regional Office South East Wales Regional Office

Go Back

Q: What type of insurance policies should we take out to make sure we are covered for all risks?


You will need to have insurance cover for at least public and employers’ liability insurance and for any drivers and vehicles you may use to transport children in your care. You might want additional optional cover for legal expenses, group equipment, deterioration of refrigerated and frozen food, group money, personal assault, personal clothing, personal accident, professional indemnity, Trustees’ and Officers’ Financial Liability, loss of revenue, All Risks cover on your equipment, and terrorism. There are companies that specialise in insurance for childcare providers – your umbrella organisation may provide a discount if you use a specialist insurance company.

Free Membership